New Years Resolutions
The beginning of the new year is the perfect time to reset and set resolutions. The top five resolutions people make in the new year are: to lose weight, get out of debt, quit smoking or drinking, spend more time with family and friends, and get organized. But how well can you keep these resolutions?
TIPS FOR KEEPING YOUR RESOLUTIONS
- Keep it simple. Don’t make drastic changes or make big purchases you may regret later. Small changes are easier to keep.
- Write it down. Display your goals around the house. The more you see it, the more you’ll stick with it.
- Make it public! Sometimes, if you let people know about your goal, it gives you an extra push to get it done. Tell family members or a close friend about your goal – better yet, post it on Facebook or Twitter!
- Reward yourself. Set small goals and reward yourself when you achieve those goals.
- Don’t be so hard on yourself. A few mistakes and setbacks are natural. Brush it off and try again the next day.
What are your new year resolutions?